2013-2014 EARLY-OUT/LATE-IN POLICY
The EARLY-OUT/LATE-IN FORM must be completed and returned to the student’s Guidance Counselor. All Early-Out and Late-In privileges are subject to administrative approval.
Please Note: A student’s desire to drop a class in order to get Late-In or Early-Out is dependent on whether that class CAN be dropped. Guidance cannot overload other academic classes just to adjust a student’s schedule. Classes are NOT available every period of the day. Also, please make sure that your student has researched college entrance requirements before requesting to drop a class.
COMPLETE SETP 1, 2, AND 3. RETURN TO GUIDANCE ONLY AFTER THESE SECTIONS ARE DONE. INCOMPLETE FORMS WILL BE RETURNED WITHOUT ACTION.
STEP 1: COMPLETE STUDENT INFORMATION
STEP 2: COMPLETE PARENT/GUARDIAN APPROVAL SECTION
The procedures and consequences for accepting the responsibility of Early-Out/Late-In are listed below
STEP 3: OBTAIN GUIDANCE ACADEMIC VERIFICATION
- All students who are approved for Early-Out/Late-In must have their own transportation (must drive to school or must have a reliable parent/guardian approved individual that will provide transportation each and every day). WAITING FOR RIDES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AS A METHOD OF TRANSPORTATION.
- Early-Out/Late-In students may use their lockers only during the class change time.
- Students who have Early-Out/Late-In will report to the attendance clerk at the beginning of their dismissal or arrival period to sign-in or sign-out.
- Students must leave campus directly through the front door in the main office area.
- Students must be off of school property within five (5) minutes of signing out.
- NO EARLY-OUT/LATE-IN STUDETNS ARE TO BE IN THE HALLWAY S DURING CLASS TIME.
- Late-In will begin on Friday, September 6, 2013. We need all students in Homerooms every morning for the Official District Student Count until after Thursday, September 5, 2013.
Being granted an Early-Out and Late-In is a privilege approved by administration and granted to those students who have the maturity to follow procedures properly. The consequences for those students choosing not to follow these procedures are the following:
1st violation: Warning
2nd violation: Parent contact and written warning
3rd violation: Revocation of Late-In/Early-Out privilege. Student will be scheduled for a class in place of the Early-Out/Late-In.
THE EARLY-OUT/LATE-IN FORM MUST BE COMPLETED AND TURNED INTO THE GUIDANCE OFFICE WITHIN THE FIRST FIVE (5) DAYS OF EACH SEMESTER. ACCORDING TO CCSD POLICY STUDENT’S MAY NOT DROP A COURSE AFTER FIVE (5) DAYS WITHOUT PENALTY.